About this consultation
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has launched an 8-week consultation on the revised guidance to the Supply of Wild Game for Human Consumption. The guidance has been updated to primarily improve clarity regarding EU and UK Regulation requirements for the wild game industry.
This revised guidance does not contain any change in policy, rather it reflects greater clarity around EU Regulations for the wild game industry; mainly for the hunters, processors and the retailers who shoot and supply wild game and wild game meat.
- clarity in relation to EU Regulations for hunter and retail exemptions
- change in layout of the original guide to improve readability
- clarity from current EU regulations within areas such as the game larder, transport, traceability, primary producers and hunter/hunting party.
- Intended audience: guide is specifically for the wild game industry (hunters and retailers), not food law enforcement authorities as the previous guide suggests (although it may prove useful when undertaking enforcement checks).
- Terminology: term ‘shooter’ has been removed. Hunter is a single term that covers both hunting and shooting.
Who will this consultation be of most interest to?
Wild Game Hunters, Wild Game Organisations, Wild Game Retailers, Wild Game Processors and Enforcement Authorities.
Publication of response summary
Within three months of a consultation ending we aim to publish a summary of responses received and provide a link to it from this page.
You can find information on how we handle data provided in response to consultations in our Consultations privacy notice.
This consultation has been prepared in accordance with HM Government Consultation Principles. If an Impact Assessment has been produced, this is included in the consultation documents. If no Impact Assessment has been provided, the reason will be given in the consultation document.